|St. Johnís takes an active role in serving the wider community of Godís children in a number of ways:
- Financial contributions to home missions and worldwide missions, including relief funds established to aid the disadvantaged and dispossessed, and those who have suffered natural or terror-related disasters.
- Members of St. John’s donate food goods that are distributed to persons in our community who are need
- Members of St. John’s donate practical items for the use of patients in Eastern State Mental Hospital
- Members of St. John’s donate to The Haven, a shelter for battered spouses
- Contributions from members of St. John’s provide scholarships for needy children of all faiths to further their education
- Members of St. John’s provide toys and needed items as Christmas gifts to children in need (Christmas Angel Tree program)
- Participating in Ecumenical (cross-denominational) Services with local churches of different faiths
- Participating in cross-denominational outreach in "In-As-Much" to assist less fortunate persons in need in the community
Two groups in our church, the Outreach Committee, and the Episcopal Church Women, meet regularly to plan for physical and spiritual needs of the community.